We have a vacancy for the position of Secretary to the Trust Board. You don’t have to be a Trust member to do the job. All you need is a couple of spare hours a month, a computer, and some general administrative & organisational skills. The Secretary is also ressonsible for arranging the Trust AGM and for completing annual returns to the Financial Services Agency.
Outline of role:
This is a voluntary position. The Trust meets every 4-6 weeks and the Secretary will be responsible for producing and distributing meeting agendas, taking and distributing the meeting minutes, and checking progress on action tracking lists. The key responsibilities of the role are set out below.
1. Preparing meeting agendas with the Chair and Vice-Chair
2. Writing up meeting minutes
3. Maintaining action tracking lists and monitoring progress on assigned tasks
4. Completing annual returns to for the Financial Services Agency
5. Arranging the Trust AGM (meeting papers, booking venue, sorting out guest speakers, attendance sheets, minutes etc)
6. Ensuring that meeting agendas and minutes are distributed to the appropriate people and in time, and that these are posted on the Trust website
7. Using Facebook, Twitter and other social media to promote the work of the Trus
8. Collecting mail from the Trust mailbox at Berwick Youth Project
9. Other administrative tasks as determined by the Trust board
You will need:
· to be computer literate
· to have access to a pc, with email and internet access
· previous administartive experience
· respectful of confidential information
· to be committed to the vision and aims of the supporters Trust
· to be able to attend evening (19.00 – 21.00 ) or Saturday (11.30 -13.30) meetings (held every 4-6 weeks, normally at The Pilot Inn in Berwick)
If you’d like to do the job….
Please contact Colin Pike (Chair) or David Cook (Vice-Chair) via the Trust email address, which is [email protected]